glue

Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE

From: Sander Vesik
Subject: Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:42:43 +0000 (GMT)

On 8 Feb 2001, Lloyd Llewellyn wrote:

> I don't think it would make sense to try to morph an existing end-to-end
> system like phpGroupWare into an open groupware standard (OGS) project
> itself.

Oh, yes. Except they can (if they are willing ) to serve as a place to
hijack develpoers from and as a test app 8-)

> phpGW seems like a product designed to get the job done.  An OGS would
> have to be designed from the ground up to be flexible enough for any
> number of client developers to use.  The important element of such a
> project is that it's open and reusable, client-friendly, comprehensive
> while being flexible, and based upon standards.

Yes - and we can test that part immediately on us, Evolution and phpGW and
thus make sure no party will have to do extensive retyrofitting to get it
suit their needs

        Sander,
                and that already covers 3 languages and 2 component
                frameworks

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
        -- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'