Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions

From: Daniel van Ham Colchete
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Questions
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 18:38:38 -0300

On 4/6/07, Anand Babu Periasamy <address@hidden> wrote:

Daniel van Ham Colchete writes:

> Anand,
>
> I also agree completely with Gerry. I'll start using GlusterFS in
> production for a mail server farm soon and this hot-add/remove is
> desirable as long as it doesn't delay the first production ready
> GlusterFS version. The self-healing is also a must have. I can't
> wait to see the 1.4 version ready.
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel Colchete

What mail server are you using?
NFS is notorious in handling email directories. GlusterFS hopefully
should a good job for you.

Already updated the road map!

--
Anand Babu

I'm using Postfix within a Gentoo Linux cluster and my e-mail files are
stored in a Maildir. And that's why I can't use Lustre: it needs a metadata
server and every file on the storage means another one in the MDS. So, if I
have many millions of small files them Lustre is not a very good option and
GlusterFS is just perfect.

Best regards,
Daniel Colchete