Re: [Gluster-devel] Specify which files should be saved to which brick

From: DeeDee Park
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Specify which files should be saved to which brick
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:32:04 +0000

I dont believe this is required. That would place too much complexity on the unify xlator. Defining different servers and client mount points should be the best way to go here :)

Matt.

Why would the user want to mount a bunch of different mount points. Wouldn't it be more convenient for the end user to mount just one point? The fix seems trivial for the unify translator --when deciding which brick to write the file to, use the list specified by the user as the available list of bricks.