Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR bricks - how does it resync question

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR bricks - how does it resync question
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 01:48:36 +0530

Hi,
 the 'createtime' is only used to detect 'recrection' of files. if an
existing file is edited, the syncing logic maintains its own cvs-like file
versioning in the extended attributes and does not rely upon mtime. we felt
that dependency on mtime is risky, a pain to setup (synchronizing system
clock etc), and also the granularity of mtime is limited.

thanks,
avati