Re: [Gluster-devel] 802.3ad

From: Hans Einar Gautun
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 802.3ad
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:20:31 +0200

Hi,
I'm using GIG NIC for a computing system. Right now its only one NIC on
each server/client - but it's definitely better than NFS.

BTW: be careful if using "adaptive load balancing". I got client
disconnetion in random situations. The setup was up/downdelay=200, but
the switches has a forward delay of 15ms (Cisco from 3750 and up). The
problem stopped when using only one NIC, and I believe the glusterfs
client was quicker than the NIC and thought the server was down while
the server just told the client to use another NIC for connection.

Now I'm going to use a dedicated switch - cisco 3750 - jumbo frames and
trunking on it. That should give any client/server only one connection
point. I'm going to do many tests before deciding on setup, and I'm glad
to share it with you all. I will start testing the coming week.