Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on cluster

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on cluster
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:48:06 +0530

> > To use unify, you need a namespace brick. You should use an AFR volume
> OK
> > for this.
> You mean I shoud use AFR for the namespace ?

AFR is only for high availability of namespace. Namespace does not hold any
crucial data, it is just like a cache. Infact you can wipe our your
namespace anytime and it will rebuild again. If you are having a 'head node'
for your compute cluster which is/should be always on, you could just use an
export from that node as your namespace without AFR.

It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law.

-- Hofstadter's Law