Re: [Gluster-devel] afr's ns-brick and posix-locks

From: Daniel van Ham Colchete
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] afr's ns-brick and posix-locks
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:47:41 -0200

Hi Amar!

On Dec 6, 2007 12:24 PM, Amar S. Tumballi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>  1. AFR as such doesn't need any namespace brick, but with current version
> of GlusterFS, for unify namespace is the single point of failure. Hence,
> give redundancy to unify, one can use AFR.

I've been a little bit out of GlusterFS lately but, what about the issue
with inode numbers changing with the first server (in the AFR system) goes
out making fuse crazy? How are things going with the distributed namespace
cache? I had an idea about this, it is ugly but fixes the problem if it
hasn't been fixed already.

Thanks!!! :)

Best,
Daniel