[Gluster-devel] Re: ALU Scheduler ?

From: Angel
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re: ALU Scheduler ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:04:17 +0100

Hia

You can refeer to
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Translators_v1.3#ALU_Scheduler

for complete information,

ALU is Adaptative Least Usage a intelligent scheduler based on submodules

volume bricks
  type cluster/unify
  subvolumes brick1 brick2 brick3 brick4
  option scheduler alu   # use the ALU scheduler
  option alu.limits.min-free-disk  5%      # Don't create files one a volume
with less than 5% free diskspace
  option alu.limits.max-open-files 10000   # Don't create files on a volume
with more than 10000 files open

  # When deciding where to place a file, first look at the disk-usage, then at
  # read-usage, write-usage, open files, and finally the disk-speed-usage.
  option alu.order
disk-usage:read-usage:write-usage:open-files-usage:disk-speed-usage
  option alu.disk-usage.entry-threshold 2GB   # Kick in if the discrepancy in
disk-usage between volumes is more than 2GB
  option alu.disk-usage.exit-threshold  60MB   # Don't stop writing to the
least-used volume until the discrepancy is 1988MB
  option alu.open-files-usage.entry-threshold 1024   # Kick in if the
discrepancy in open files is 1024
  option alu.open-files-usage.exit-threshold 32   # Don't stop until 992 files
have been written the least-used volume
# option alu.read-usage.entry-threshold 20%   # Kick in when the read-usage
discrepancy is 20%
# option alu.read-usage.exit-threshold 4%   # Don't stop until the discrepancy
has been reduced to 16% (20% - 4%)
# option alu.write-usage.entry-threshold 20%   # Kick in when the write-usage
discrepancy is 20%
# option alu.write-usage.exit-threshold 4%   # Don't stop until the discrepancy
has been reduced to 16%
# option alu.disk-speed-usage.entry-threshold # NEVER SET IT. SPEED IS
CONSTANT!!!
# option alu.disk-speed-usage.exit-threshold  # NEVER SET IT. SPEED IS
CONSTANT!!!
  option alu.stat-refresh.interval 10sec   # Refresh the statistics used for
decision-making every 10 seconds
# option alu.stat-refresh.num-file-create 10   # Refresh the statistics used
for decision-making after creating 10 files
end-volume

--
Clister UAH