Re: [Gluster-devel] Re: Error building RPMS from latest tla

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re: Error building RPMS from latest tla
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:09:14 +1000

Found it....

/usr/lib/rpm/macros

%_prefix        /usr
%_exec_prefix       %{_prefix}
%_lib           lib
%_libdir        %{_exec_prefix}/%{_lib}

there are also ${ARCH}-linux directories with similar files. I'm not sure how your i386 machine is setup with lib64, but the answer may be in those files.

Matt.

You are still interested on spec debugging.

I got a 64 machine, on the next days ill try to buil rpms there.

Did you notice that buiding tla636 on a i386 machine places libs on /usr/lib64?

Hi Angel.

Thanx for reporting. I didn't notice that, in fact, on my machine (I only own 32 bit machines) it builds correctly. I'm not 100% sure where the lib directory is obtained from, but my guess is you have /usr/lib64 set as a default somewhere.

This is what I get from a bash prompt....

address@hidden ~]$ rpm --eval '%_libdir'
/usr/lib

I have no idea where it gets this from - i'll need to go searching :)

Matt.