Re: [Gluster-devel] RSYNC algorithm for AFR while waiting for HA Transla

From: Angel
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] RSYNC algorithm for AFR while waiting for HA Translator
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:36:19 +0100

Hi,

Well, for RSYNC like copy  I proposed making a checksumming translator,
but avati said journaling was the proper way.

I think so, despite checksumming and rsync be nice ideas per se.

Anyway im busy with QUOTA so ill not take any other projects by now.

I can help litlle bit you as im still learning from the ground up inner working
of GlusterFS.

You should start getting latest tla and making room on xlators if you wat to
make a new one or
looking at the current AFR code to warm up.

Forking current AFR is the best option for me, allowing you testing new ideas
without losing current features..

Regards, Angel

El Miércoles, 23 de Enero de 2008 Jonathan Galentine escribió:
> It occurred to me a few weeks ago that implementing the rsync algorithm for
> AFR healing should be a trivial undertaking.  While it would not address HA
> completely (which may require transaction journaling of some type for
> seamless operation?) it would be a welcome improvement over the whole copy
> method of the current AFR translator.  Has anybody looked into this?  I am
> just getting started with the source code and this would be a good project
> to work on if anybody cares to put the framework in place.  Has there been
> any progress on the HA Translator for 1.4 yet? Thoughts?
>
> - Jonathan

Agua para todo? No, Agua para Todos.

 Angel J. Alvarez Miguel, Sección de Sistemas
 Area de Explotación y Seguridad Informática
 Servicios Informaticos, Universidad de Alcalá (UAH)
 Alcalá de Henares 28871, Madrid  ** ESPAÑA **
 Tfno: +34 91 885 46 32  Fax: 91 885 51 12

 "¿No tienes enemigos? ¿Es que jamás dijiste la verdad o jamás amaste la
justicia? - Santiago Ramón y Cajal"
Clist UAH