Re: [Gluster-devel] Unify without AFR

From: Martin Fick
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Unify without AFR
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Christopher Hawkins
<address@hidden> wrote:

> What if I take two servers that export directory
> /example and use drbd v8
> (which allows concurrent read / write) to mirror
> /example on server one to
> /example on server 2?

This isn't possible without a local filesystem that
can handle concurrent access like ocfs2 or glfs.
Remember, glusterfs works on top of the local
filesystem.  If you try this with ext3 or another
"normal" filesystem, you risk crashing the kernel
because it does not expect the filessytem to change
from underneath itself!

-Martin

Be a better friend, newshound, and