Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8pre5 glusterfsd WARNING message

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8pre5 glusterfsd WARNING message
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:50:31 +0530

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Daniel Maher <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:22:35 +0530 "Krishna Srinivas"
>  <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  > Daniel,
>  >
>  > you don't need unify/namespace for your setup here, you can
>  > directly export gfs-ds-afr from the server which can be mounted
>  > on the client. Can you paste your client spec? if you are connecting
>  > the client to the server which goes down then client mount point
>  > becomes inaccesible, in which case you need to setup DNS
>  > round robin which will connect to the next server after which
>  > the mount point becomes accessible.
>
>  Round robin DNS is already set up :
>  [dfsA]# grep "remote-host" glusterfs-client.vol
>   option remote-host cluster.storage-net.gfs      # RRDNS
>
>  [dfsA]# host cluster.storage-net.gfs
>  cluster.storage-net.gfs has address 10.0.0.40
>  cluster.storage-net.gfs has address 10.0.0.41
>
>  A graphical overview of the test network :
>  http://tinypic.info/files/xhvyldlesd8igvjt8yl1.png
>
>  The server configuration : http://pastebin.ca/967749
>  The client configuration : http://pastebin.ca/967754
>
>  See also my previous email :
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-04/msg00010.html

OK, we are trying to reproduce the setup and fix the problem...
btw, can you without unify and see if failover happens cleanly.

>  > This can answer your question to your other mail that was sent just
>  > now.
>
>  If my setup is wrong (re: "you don't need unify/namespace for your
>  setup"), then the example at the wiki is also wrong, since i followed
>  it exactly :
>
> http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_1.3_High_Availability_Storage_with_GlusterFS
>
>  How, then, should my configuration (and the wiki) be changed ?

Correct the wiki needs to be changed. I am CC'ing its author Paul
England -> <pengland (at) wxc.co.nz>

Paul, Could you please change the wiki you have written there?

Regards
Krishna