[Gluster-devel] How does GlusterFS handle concurent file access?

From: B P
Subject: [Gluster-devel] How does GlusterFS handle concurent file access?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

Does GlusterFS support concurent access to the files? Other words, what happens
if two diferent applications create, edit, or delete the same file in same
time!?

I know that GlusterFS wrapes the regular (underlaying) file system. Does it
mean GlusterFS has all the capabilities off handling concurent file access as
the regular file system!?

 I found this in FAQs:
"Locking is handled distributedly across the bricks using features/posix-locks
translator. Namespace locking is handled by any one of the designated
glusterfsd server."

So does it mean that designated GlusterFS server is the single point of
failure!?

Ialso foud this in FAQs:
"NOTE: GlusterFS only supports fcntl() locks, as FUSE itself doesn't support
flock() calls."
Well, I must say that I'am totaly confused now.
--
Best regards,
Predrag