Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side AFR race conditions?

From: Derek Price
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Client side AFR race conditions?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 08:34:50 -0400

Kevan Benson wrote:
The only way I see to ensure data integrity is to have some arbiter vet all writes. You can try to make that arbiter redundant, but good luck making it actually distributed.

I've seen the distributed arbiter done in proprietary software, so it
must be possible. The design is pretty clear to me, but I have no idea where to start integrating the idea into glusterfs, though gluster's the closest thing to what I need that I've seen in open source.

Derek
--
Derek R. Price
Solutions Architect