Re: [Gluster-devel] trusted.glusterfs.version xattr

From: Derek Price
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] trusted.glusterfs.version xattr
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:12:30 -0400

Martin Fick wrote:
Starting with

 /a/b/c/A    /a/b/c/B    /a/b/c/C
 /:2         /:2         /:2
a:2/2 a:2/2 a:2/2 b:2/2/2 b:2/2/2 b:2/2/2
 c:2/2/2/4   c:2/2/2/5   c:2/2/2/6
 A:2/2/2/4/1 B:2/2/2/4/1 C:2/2/2/6/1

Should B be 2/2/2/5/1 here? So you are adopting a version number based on the parent's minor version at time the file was created? I had misunderstood that you were recalculating the version number based on the _current_ directory minor version (recalculating it on each file version access) rather than actually storing it as a file attribute at the time of file creation.

I think this would work as well as the scheme I was proposing, assuming you are also updating all child version numbers on the move of a parent.

Regards,

Derek
--
Derek R. Price