Re: [Gluster-devel] Error in logs from catting a deleted file?

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Error in logs from catting a deleted file?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:27:37 -0700

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Gordan Bobic <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I do the following:
> (/home being the glusterfs mount point)
> node1$ echo "test" > /home/test
> node1$ cat /home/test
> test
>
> node2$ cat /home/test
> test
> node2$ rm /home/test
> node1$ cat /home/test
>
> I get the following in the error log on node1:
> 2008-05-15 20:44:30 E [fuse-bridge.c:459:fuse_entry_cbk] glusterfs-fuse:
> 80: (34) /test => -1 (2)

This is because, the inode cache at node1's VFS is not flushed after node2
deletes the file. Hence when you cat, it does a lookup for the file, (with
the inode cache of vfs), but it got ENOENT (file not found) error, and the
inode cache is flushed after this.

> The behaviour of the FS is correct (the file gets deleted and the delete
> propagates to both nodes).
>
> I'm using AFR with NUFA scheduler.

AFR with NUFA ? I am not sure how did you managed to get schedulers working
with AFR. Schedulers are meant for scheduling creat(), and used *only* by
cluster/unify translator as of now.

> Is this just over-paranoid logging, or is there really something going
> wrong?

Its a paranoid logging. We are working on reducing number of such logs.

Regards,

--
Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker