Re: [Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snap

From: Joe Landman
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snapshot?
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 08:12:35 -0500

rhubbell wrote:
Yeah I've looked at blastwave before. Just never used it. I see they
have packages for tla.

Basically, if we are constrained to use Solaris, we start by installing the Blastwave bits so we can pkg-add useful things that Solaris omits.

WHo builds the packages they distribute? I was unable to find any
details.  It looks like Sun backs them.

I don't know ... I think it is a community effort.

The tla tar ball I dl'd had issues and wouldn't build.

We have found this to be the case with huge swaths of FOSS software. As Dan noted, you might give the Linux direction a serious consideration ... stuff just works there (tla, etc... ).

On that note, I seem to remember that tla is now in maint mode (see under Gnu arch). This might or might not pose a problem for users of it.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: address@hidden