[Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:46:05 +0000

It would appear that Firefox and GlusterFS don't mix too well. Every once in a while it'll corrupt it's URL history, and it point-blank refuses to save any bookmarks if the home directory is on GlusterFS. Bookmarks don't appear to survive restarting Firefox, and the issue is reproducible every time. It works fine when the home directory is on ext3 or NFS.

My guess is that it could be a SQLite+GlusterFS issue, but I'm not sure. This is a bit worrying since I only just got RPM working on GlusterFS by switching it from BerkeleyDB to SQLite. Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone confirm whether this is a GlusterFS, SQLite or Firefox problem (so I can go and file a bug report elsewhere if it's not a GlusterFS problem)?

Thanks.

Gordan