Re: [Gluster-devel] data sync problem with 2.0rc2 and rc4

From: Vikas Gorur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] data sync problem with 2.0rc2 and rc4
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:46:44 +0530

2009/3/24 Ivan Dimitrov <address@hidden>:
> From what I've found out during my testing with rc2, the problem is how
> replicate works. If you have two versions of files on remote1 and remote2
> the way they are synced is determined by your replicate1 config.
>
> In this case, remote1 will sync to remote2, but not vise-versa.

No, that is not true. Syncing will happen from any server to any other server.

While using replicate, please make sure that the order of subvolumes
is the same for all client volume files. Also, there was a bug in rc2
which sometimes corrupted data. Please use rc5 if you face this
problem.

Vikas
--
Engineer - Z Research