Re: [Gluster-devel] Is there a Regression Test cycle exist?

From: ender
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Is there a Regression Test cycle exist?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:19:29 -0700

Thankfull large testing environments are easy these days with virtual machines.
Zhou i wanted to improve on your Failover test idea with the following:
d) Failover test. Shutdown 3 node of Env.D~F while Case.A~ To : Shutdown (whatever) node. Delete contents from harddrive to simulate harddrive failure.
and a new test
Restore test: Add previously broken node back into the cluster.

Serial Thrilla wrote:
Maybe we can add tests for the library too? :)

I bring it up because I've been having recent troubles with glusterfs_fstat() and glusterfs_readdir().

Thanks
Rob

Geoff Kassel wrote:
Hi,
I'd also like to put my vote in for (more) regression tests - especially scripted/automated tests of the 'make test' variety which the public can use.

Given recent data integrity issues, this would help to instill confidence in GlusterFS releases by allowing users to test a new release build before putting it into use.

It would also allows users of more exotic environments (i.e. kernels with PaX or SELinux, Darwin, FreeBSD, etc) to determine exactly where their environments cause issues. This would make it much easier for the GlusterFS developers to maintain compatibility with these platforms.

Kind regards,

Geoff Kassel.