Re: [Gluster-devel] Files being cut off in the middle

From: Vidar Hokstad
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Files being cut off in the middle
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:30:54 +0100

See below for what I'm currently running. I'm testing without readahead at the moment - I haven't seen it fail with it commented out so far, but it's too early to tell.

Before I added the trace translator the error rate was much higher. After I added it, it took several hours before it started failing, even though I've excluded almost all the calls.

I can only reproduce it when I add the server in question to our production cluster, unfortunately - I've tried repeatedly to reproduce it with a test environment, but I'm clearly missing out on some element of the access pattern we see in production. I should probably try to replay the requests from our access logs or something.

Vidar

volume webcluster1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.165.13
  option remote-subvolume webcluster
end-volume

volume webcluster2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 192.168.165.11
  option remote-subvolume webcluster
end-volume

### Replication

volume afr
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes webcluster1 webcluster2
end-volume

### Performance

#volume readahead
#  type performance/read-ahead
#  option page-count 2       # cache per file  = (page-count x page-size)
#  subvolumes afr
#end-volume

### Add IO-Cache feature
volume iocache
  type performance/io-cache
  option page-size 256KB
  subvolumes afr #readahead
end-volume

### Add writeback feature
volume writeback
  type performance/write-behind
  option flush-behind off
  subvolumes iocache
end-volume

volume trace
  type debug/trace
  subvolumes writeback
#  option include open,close,create,readdir,opendir,closedir
  option exclude lookup,read,write,open,close,create,readdir,opendir,closedir,flush,readlink,fstat,stat
end-volume