Re: [Gluster-devel] OS X client error

From: Ate Poorthuis
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] OS X client error
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:28:31 +0200

Hi Amar,

I just discovered that it results in some applications (Adobe Photoshop, Indesign) being unable to write directly to glusterfs. These apps make extensive use of extended attributes. Normally, if MacFuse notices that a fuse filesystem implements extended attributes, it will forward calls to the fs. This is happening with glusterfs as well. However, the underlying fs does not support Apple's extended attributes so that is why some writes fail. It would be better if the non-supported attributes would be handled through ._ (Apple Double) files. This is the behaviour is also see in, for example, sshfs.

I found some additional documentation here on the MacFuse Wiki: