Re: [Gluster-devel] is it a bug? (unify+rr)

From: Amar Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] is it a bug? (unify+rr)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:43:18 -0700

'cluster/distribute' is just a symlink to 'cluster/dht', which works on different design internally compared to 'cluster/unify' which needs a centralized 'namespace' volume to work. We have noticed that the 'scaling' is not possible with 'cluster/unify' and have decided to not continue any more development on cluster/unify design, instead any more enhancement of glusterfs will happen only on 'cluster/distribute' translator.