[Gluster-devel] gluserfs 2.0.4: Text file busy error

From: Dennis Michael
Subject: [Gluster-devel] gluserfs 2.0.4: Text file busy error
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:23:08 -0700

Is this a bug, or does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this error?

We have a job that runs across several compute nodes, and all but
the last process starts. The last process (on the master node) fails with a "Text file busy" error on the program binary.

Our workaround is to run the program binary from a NFS partition mounted via GbE while continuing to access data files and doing MPI/IO in glusterfs.

All nodes run CentOS 5.2. Glusterfs (ver 2.0.4) is mounted via Infiniband, and the job runs under bash via SGE.

Our config files:

# client config
volume pf1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type ib-verbs
  option remote-port 699X
  option remote-host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume
#
volume pf2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type ib-verbs
  option remote-port 699X
  option remote-host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume
#
volume distribute
  type cluster/distribute
  subvolumes pf1 pf2
end-volume
#

# server config pf1
volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /data
end-volume
#
volume locks
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume
#
volume brick
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 2
  subvolumes locks
end-volume
#
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type ib-verbs
  option transport.ib-verbs.listen-port 699X
  option client-volume-filename /usr/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
  option auth.addr.brick.allow *
  subvolumes brick
end-volume

--
Dennis Michael
Manager, High Productivity Technical Computing