Re: [Gluster-devel] error while reading from an open file

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] error while reading from an open file
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:42:21 +0530

Brian Hirt wrote:

The first part of this problem (open files not surviving gluster restarts) seems like a pretty major design flaw that needs to be fixed.
Yes, we do know that this is a problem and we have our sights set on solving this.

The second part (gluster not reporting the error to the writer when gluster chokes) is a critical problem that needs to be fixed.

This is a bug in the write-behind translator and bug 242 has been tracked to address this.

A discussion from the mailing list archives which could be of interest to you for the tail -f problem:

http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/20090113/001362.html

Regards,
Vijay