[Gluster-devel] Single storage: 80%-read /20%-write

From: shellcode
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Single storage: 80%-read /20%-write
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:43:37 +0400

Greetings,
My target:
Storage: 1 storage for now (for future 2 in stripe plus mirroring on another 2
in stripe, "glusterfs raid 10" i mean) runing under solaris 10 (ZFS);
Nodes: 4 webservers (Linux), mount one single volume ( /webapp for example) in
r/w from storage, apache+php;
Type of load:
Massive reads ~80%;
and ~20% writes, generally in _unique_ files (user sessions for example,
pictures, etc), and some concurrent writes in php scripts, but i think ~5-10%.

My question: is glusterfs ready for this (type of load i mean) ?
I deploy tests servers, all work, but now, i can't create heavy load for tests,
maybe anyone have positive experience with same config ?

WBR