Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem with little write/read files in Gluster 3.0.

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem with little write/read files in Gluster 3.0.0
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:13:37 +0000

Samuel Hassine wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem here. I am using a gluster file system as a simple
distributed storage (one storage server and multiple clients). I want to
put php sessions inside this partition.
In GlusterFS 2.0.9, it worked very well. PHP could write and read as
quickly as possible. But in 3.0.0, PHP successfully writes files but can
not read anything and freezes (juste after the writing). However, the
gluster partition remains available et readable. Juste the quick
write/read seems not to work.

As anyone already encountered this problem ?

I couldn't get 3.0.0 to even finish booting my shared-root cluster (root volume on gluster), so I'd say that 3.0.0 is even more broken than 3.0.1, even if the broken-ness of it isn't as official as with 3.0.1. You may have better luck with 3.0.1, DOA as it may be, but if you haven't got backups I'd stick with 2.0.9 for now, at least until 3.0.2 is out.

Gordan