[Gluster-devel] I/O fair share to avoid I/O bottlenecks on small clsuter

From: Ran
Subject: [Gluster-devel] I/O fair share to avoid I/O bottlenecks on small clsuters
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:13:10 +0200

Hi ,
I recently posted an issue regarding a situation that happen when
say 1 virtual machine images takes down the entire server IO
then the entire storage become slow in such way that noting work
emails , web etc...
gluster gays posted that virtual machine is a main goal of the storage
and that they probebly implement a fair share IO options to avoid this cases .

Can anyone tell me what are the plans for this , it apear to me that
this is 1 of the most important issues on such storage seens it is not
possible to run more then a few virtual machins in parallel .

Many thanks ,