Re: [Gluster-devel] ping timeout

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] ping timeout
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:19:56 +0100

Hi Christopher,

I advise you to really try the most important part of your description you
take for granted - the reconnect case.
Our experiences are quite away from what you think is the worst case. You can
easily check out what happens if you just pull the network cable 5 times in 10
minutes. We came to the conclusion that disconnect/reconnect should be avoided
under all circumstances. Interestingly stopping one servers' glusterfsd and
restarting it works out quite well in our setup. So offline-updating a server
(which was our main purpose) is quite ok.

--
Regards,
Stephan