[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.1prealpha

From: Anand Avati
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.1prealpha
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 05:21:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Developer Community,

We've released an early QA build for GlusterFS v3.1. We know many of you like
to get your hands on the latest code so this is your opportunity to get an
early look at the product as we move through the QA process. Of course we would
love to hear your feedback and have set up the following alias for GlsuterFS
3.1 related input: address@hidden

This latest release brings a significant upgrade to dynamic volume management
capabilities, simplifying setup and allowing you to add, remove, and migrate
storage servers with no downtime or machine restarts. The Gluster native NFS
implementation (which many of you may have already seen) is also included in
the build. We are particularly interested in use cases with virtual server and
cloud environments.

How can you help?

We encourage developers to participate in testing, report bugs, send patches
and give feedback on functionality. Put Gluster to the test and expect it to
crash :) With that in mind, please DO NOT use in a production environment. This
is intended for QA testing purposes only, not all bugs are fixed, and the usual
caveats apply. We value your opinion and would love to hear your feedback, good
or bad, to ensure the highest quality product.

Feedback Alias: Please send your feedback to address@hidden

To access the QA code please visit:
ftp://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/3.1/GlusterFS/

Early documentation to get you started can be found here:
http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1prealpha

Happy Hacking!
Gluster Team