[Gluster-devel] no dentry for non-root inode

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: [Gluster-devel] no dentry for non-root inode
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 08:57:12 +0100

glusterfs NetBSD port is getting fairly reliable. I have one minor bug
remaning: from time to time, accessing a file fails because ENOENT, but
the file actually exists. Another try will yield success. The bug is
extremely rare, and I have to build sources for hours on a glusterfs
volume to get it.

I was searching for possible causes of this, and found this in server
[2011-11-05 03:12:47.856612] W [inode.c:1044:inode_path]
0-/export/wd3e/inode: no dentry for non-root inode -9091625530591748852:

It happens on all bricks, with occurences separated by sometimes a few
minutes, sometimes a few hours. Since the source shows that this warning
is followed by return ENOENT, I suspect this is my bug.

Any hint on what this warning is about?

Emmanuel Dreyfus