[Gm2] Redhat success

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Redhat success
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:33:36 +0100

Ben writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've finally managed to get everything to compile on Redhat 9.0 on a P4
> 1800. gm2 sources from CVS today and using gcc-3.3.1.

Hi Ben,

excellent news!

> I also tried to
> compile on FreeBSD and MacOS X, but those fail. I'll leave that for
> later.

yes gm2 won't compile on MacOS X yet - still to do..  gm2 needs to be
modified so that it will build on a case insensitive file system.

> Next, I want to run some of our existing sources through gm2. I was
> looking for the documentation on floppsie, but the link on the gm2 page
> to http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/Glamorgan/gaius/web/gm2.html is
> broken. (Found the local info pages in the mean time.)

thanks - for the bug report.

> In some of our sources we have things like:
>
> MODULE Leds;
>
> VAR
>    leds [10000]: CARDINAL;
>
> BEGIN
> END Leds.
>
> which indicates that the variable leds is located at address 10000. gm2
> doesn't like this, and aborts with:
> Leds.mod:4:syntax error, found `['
>
> This is part of PIM3 as far as I know. Is there a way to handle this in
> gm2? Not that I'd want to do this on Linux, but our goal would be to
> cross-compile to an embedded board with an ARM and/or m68k cpu.

at present this feature is not implemented in gm2, you're right it
does need to be implemented. I'd also like to target a Coldfire
board..