Re: [Gm2] Bug Report: counting down woes

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Bug Report: counting down woes
Date: 06 Jan 2005 11:42:14 +0000

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings:
>
> I seem to be having problems counting downwards.
> The loop in the following code does not stop at
> zero but continues forever.

Hi John,

I believe I've fixed this now, here is the ChangeLog:

 * fixed bug reported by john o goyo <address@hidden>.
   (testsuite/gm2/pim/run/pass/Countdown.mod)
 * for loops are now implemented as per ISO description.
   GNU Modula-2 now calculates the last iteration value
   before the start of a loop. It then initializes the
   iteration value and works towards the final value,
   rather than testing to see whether the iteration value
   exceeds or preceeds the limit value (which failed when using
   a CARDINAL iterator and stopping at 0).
 * added a number of run tests to exercise these changes.

The cvs changes are being uploaded, should be ready in an hours time..
Thanks for the report, if you have time please test again,