[Gm2] Successful Builds

From: John B Wallace Jr
Subject: [Gm2] Successful Builds
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:31:42 -0400

I would like to report some successful builds of gcc-3.3.6 + gm2-0.49
(22Jul05) on my system (AMD Athlon64 processor) with several different
Linux distributions:

SUSE 9.2 (32 bit edition) - Not tested

SUSE 9.2 (64 bit edition) - The build was successful, and the paranoid test
and regression tests ran with no errors or failures. The default compiler on
SUSE 9.2 is gcc-3.3.4.

SUSE 9.3 (32 bit and 64 bit editions) - The build was successful, and the
paranoid test and regression tests ran with no errors or failures. The
default compiler on SUSE 9.3 is gcc-3.3.5.

FEDORA Core 3 (32 bit edition) - The build was successful, and the paranoid
test ran with no errors, but the regression tests produced many failures. The
default compiler on FEDORA Core 3 is gcc-3.4.2. If gcc-3.3.6 was used as the
compiler, the build was successful, and the paranoid test and regression
tests ran with no errors or failures.

FEDORA Core 3 (64 bit edition) - Not tested

FEDORA Core 4 (32 bit and 64 bit editions) - The build failed. The default
compiler on FEDORA Core 4 is gcc-4.0.0.  If gcc-3.3.6 was used as the
compiler, the build was successful, and the paranoid test and regression
tests ran with no errors or failures.

Also, all builds were in the multilib mode (after ensuring that all the
required libraries were installed).

John Wallace