Re: [Gm2] Request for optional file endings

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Request for optional file endings
Date: 30 Aug 2005 10:44:20 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Greetings:
>
> Could you please add options to the compiler to accept different file
> monikers (so that we
> may
> compile existing code with different monikers)?  Rather than def/mod, the ULM
> compiler
> demands d/m2
> and mocka demands  d/mi (or somesuch).  At present, I created soft links but
> that is a
> poor solution.
>
> I offer the following suggestion:  -Wdef=defend  -Wmod=modend
> The default would be def/mod.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
> john

Hi John,

yes, sure, how about just using

-Wdef=d
-Wmod=m2

which indicates that gm2 should firstly search for definition modules
with a filename.d and then search for filename.def. Likewise for
filename.m2 and filename.mod. This way compatibility with the
installed gm2 library modules can be retained ?