[Gm2] logitech lib problems

From: John B Wallace Jr
Subject: [Gm2] logitech lib problems
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:45:31 -0400

I encountered two problems with the logitech libraries:

1. The logitech libraries are installed but not compiled (no object files).

2. The WriteLongInt procedure in the LongIO module seems to have a problem
   with MIN(LONGINT). The code below demonstrates the problem:

MODULE LogitechLong;

(***************************************************************************************)
(*        NOTE: THIS IS TEST CODE AND MAY BE INCORRECT             *)
(***************************************************************************************)

FROM InOut IMPORT WriteLn;

FROM LongIO IMPORT WriteLongInt;

VAR
  i,j : LONGINT;

BEGIN
  i := MAX(LONGINT);
  WriteLongInt(i,0);
  WriteLn;
  j := MIN(LONGINT);
  WriteLongInt(j,0);
  WriteLn;
  j := MIN(LONGINT) + 1;
  WriteLongInt(j,0);
  WriteLn
END LogitechLong.

I get this output on my system:

9223372036854775807
-922337203685477580-8
-9223372036854775807

My system is SUSE Linux 9.3 (64 bit edition) on an AMD Athlon 64 and the gm2
version is dated 01 September 2005.

John Wallace