[Gm2] Re: [GNU Modula-2] Problem updating with CVS

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Re: [GNU Modula-2] Problem updating with CVS
Date: 13 Dec 2005 09:09:03 +0000

"Peter P. Eiserloh" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> I attempted to update my local cvs checkout, but it had a problem
> with a couple subdirectorys.  It looks like cvs is attempting to
> open a couple system wide directories, and not the one in my normal
> user account.
>

> cvs update: Updating p2c
> cvs update: Updating p2c/p2c-src
> cvs update: Updating p2c/p2c-src/HP
> cvs update: cannot open directory /usr/src/cvs/gm2/p2c/p2c-src/HP: No such
> file
> or directory
> cvs update: skipping directory p2c/p2c-src/HP
> cvs update: Updating p2c/p2c-src/examples
> cvs update: cannot open directory /usr/src/cvs/gm2/p2c/p2c-src/examples: No
> such file or directory
> cvs update: skipping directory p2c/p2c-src/examples

Hi Peter,

I've moved some of the p2c files into different directories (I've
moved all files that gm2 does not need into p2c/.../p2cdoc).
Thus sadly you'll need to cvs checkout GM2
rather than cvs update.

> While I was looking here I noticed that 'configure' was from April
> of 2002, kind of old.  I checked the version number of autoconf
> the generated it '2.13'.  Ah, I then looked at the configure
> for the main directory, it was made by version '2.59', which is
> the same version as I have (okay, debian-sarge: 2.59a-3).

Thanks for noticing this - I've rebuilt a new configure script
and checked it in.

I've taken the liberty of CC:ing the gm2 list as the cvs checkout
will be of interest to all,