Re: [Gm2] RHEL4/Athlon (32-bit)

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] RHEL4/Athlon (32-bit)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:36:42 -0500

Hi Gaius,

I think I see what's going on.  xgm2 is calling gcc, but the gcc it finds is
from version 3.4.4.  It tries to call the correct chain:

gcc driver version 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2) executing gcc version 3.3.6

but there is an inconsistency between the versions.  If xgm2 were to call xgcc
instead, I think things would be okay.  I'm not sure how difficult that would
be--my first guess is that it would require building xgm2 first to call xgcc for
building/testing, then to rebuild it to call gcc upon installation.  Building
and installing only the C compiler from 3.3.6 first in order to build gm2 is
probably not suitable for the ordinary sysadmin.

Michael