Re: [Gm2] Solaris32 report on latest ChangeLog entries (bis)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Solaris32 report on latest ChangeLog entries (bis)
Date: 17 Feb 2006 13:54:26 +0000

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings:
>
> I should have added the following.
>
>       4. install succeeds.
>
> Sincerely,
> john

Hi John,

thanks for the report! I've looked into the log file (thanks for
emailing it) and I think many of the errors are occurring when
gm2 is invoking gcc to perform the link.  I suspect the problem
is that gm2 is based on a different version of gcc to that
of the gcc performing the link?

One way to test this out is to check the output of
  gcc -v
  gm2 -v

Then if they differ it would be interesting to make them the same
and retry the build.

This can be done by building only gcc and installing it, then set the
PATH to point to this new gcc and then build gm2 using
gm2-harness-0.7.

So you might be able to do this by:

cd gm2-harness-0.7/sources/
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
../gcc-3.3.6/configure --enable-languages=c --disable-multilib
                       --enable-checking --prefix=$HOME/opt
make
make install
export PATH=$HOME/opt/bin

cd ../..  # into gm2-harness-0.7
type gcc  # check we see new gcc
./configure --with-gdb --prefix=$HOME/opt
make           # build gm2 and run testsuite
make install

hope this helps?