Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 news

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 news
Date: 12 May 2006 10:20:14 +0100

Ed Smith-Rowland <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I noticed that Waldeck Hebisch and others got GNU Pascal to work under
> gcc-4.0 and gcc-4.1.

ahh, I hadn't noticed this, thanks.  Last time I looked GNU Pascal was
using gcc-3.4.  This will be extremely useful and they will have had to
solve the loss of SET_TYPE data type as a base back end data type.
I suspect they may have solved it via gimple.. and this could be
really useful for GM2..

> If it isn't already too late it might be a good idea to talk to them.
> I was going to ask but work flared up and I know next to nothing about
> gcc internals.  Merging Modula2 would have been a great way to learn
> though. ;-)

very true!  I'd welcome any help.. :-)