[Gm2] Re: GM2 for Cygwin

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Re: GM2 for Cygwin
Date: 11 Nov 2006 09:06:59 +0000

"D.J.Allerton" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius
>
> Attached, but still not very helpful. There is one point, you suggest
> ./configure --with-gdb --prefix=$HOME/opt
> but cygwin give HOME=/cygdrive/u in env
>
> Cygwin uses gcc 3.4.4 and gdb 6.5.50
>
> I ran ./configure with no arguments, as you suggested
>
> Dave
> ==========
> Gaius Mulley wrote:
> > "D.J.Allerton" <address@hidden> writes:
> >

> >> Dear Gaius
> >>
> >> Where will I find the log file?
> >>
> >> Dave
> >>

> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > ahh yes sorry - you would need to generate these by
> >
> > cd gm2-harness-0.96
> > ./configure >& gm2-config.log
> > make >& gm2-compile.log
> >
> > regards,
> > Gaius
> >

> --
> Professor D J Allerton
> Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
> University of Sheffield
> Mappin St
> Sheffield S1 3JD
>
> phone: +44 (0)114 222 5230
> fax:   +44 (0)114 222 5661
> email: address@hidden
> web:   http://fltsim.group.shef.ac.uk/
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating config-values
> mkdir -p download
> mkdir -p sources
> sh shell-bin/runtest no no yes
> retrieving gm2 from cvs: passed
> found a patch for gcc-3.3.6 inside the gm2 release
> will try and apply the patch: failed (result in download/gcc-patch.log)
> building gm2: failed
> c:\gnat\bin\make.exe: *** [all] Error 1
> shell-bin/makefromcvs: line 70: patch: command not found

Hi Dave,

ok, the gm2-harness is failing to patch gcc.  Any chance you can
email me "download/gcc-patch.log".

Also it could be very interesting to see the make again if you could
alter the file:  gm2-harness-0.96/shell-bin/libs to:

--------- cut here --------- cut here --------- cut here

function checkok () {
    /bin/sh -x $1  # this line has been added to test gm2 building under cygwin
    if $1 ; then
        echo "$2: passed"
    else
        echo "$2: failed"
        exit 1
    fi
}

--------- cut here --------- cut here --------- cut here

this will then display each shell command as it is executed and
we should be able to see the problem when applying the patch,

ps. hope you don't mind me CC: ing the gm2 mailing list as someone
might have seen this before..