Re: [Gm2] CHAR = "signed char"?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] CHAR = "signed char"?
Date: 27 Sep 2007 19:39:08 +0100

John O Goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Gauis:
>
> In my (slow but not stopped) investigation of the Solaris woes, I note
> that CHAR is considered "signed char" for debug purposes.  Why this
> and not "unsigned char"?
>
> Sincerely,
> john

Hi John,

I confess I wasn't sure what CHAR should map onto..  but now that I've
reread the ISO m2 standard I think you are right - it implies unsigned
char - will fix it..

thanks for the bug report.  I'm also in the process of fixing the
option names for gm2 - to comply with gcc - ie to use -W only for
warnings and -f for almost everything else,