[Gm2] Shell games

From: John O Goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Shell games
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:30:46 -0500

I have encountered a new problem on Solaris 10 and Ubuntu 8.04.

In both cases, various scripts in gm2 are tagged to run under /bin/sh, which
in Solaris and Ubuntu is not bash but the posix shell.  (One difference is
that functions in the latter are not defined with the keyword "function".)
Until very recently, this was not a problem, but now the scripts on said
systems are explicitly run through /bin/sh and not /bin/bash (despite my
setting of SHELL).

Has anyone else seen this?

john