[Gm2] new type declaration algorithm

From: gaius
Subject: [Gm2] new type declaration algorithm
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:30:55 -0400

Hi,

I've just checked in the latest cvs changes which include an alpha
implementation of a new type declaration mechanism.  M2GCCDeclare.mod
has been rewritten - currently the compiler builds itself "make
gm2.paranoid" passes.  However 200 or so regression tests fail (out of
7300).  So if you are using gm2 without problems it is probably best
to hold off upgrading for a couple of weeks.  On the other hand if you
are trying to compile modules with data structures such as:

  TYPE
     p = POINTER TO ARRAY [0..2] OF p ;

then the cvs version of gm2 would be well worth trying.. (or any
cyclic data structures).  To solve this I needed to add another patch
to gcc so you will need to download a fresh tarball (rather than just
"cvs update").  The tarball can be found here:

   http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-4.1.2+gm2-cvs-latest.tar.gz