Re: [Gm2] Snow Leopard Update

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Snow Leopard Update
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:06:57 -0500

Hi Gaius,

I've attached patches needed to build the latest CVS under Snow Leopard. I don't understand why the SL linker complains (error, not warning) about conflicts with stor-layout.o, but commenting it out doesn't appear to affect other platforms.

The other patch addresses a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue on SL: /usr/bin/ gcc generates 64-bit code by default; /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 (or gcc -m32), 32-bit code. I'm not sure my fix is the right one--perhaps a configuration-time substitution is the way to go.

There are also some hard-wired instances of gcc in the tests:

kuru:gm2 lambert$ grep gcc */*/*/*
extensions/run/pass/gm2.exp:set output [exec gcc -g -c $srcdir/gm2/ extensions/run/pass/cvararg.c -o cvararg.o] types/run/pass/gm2.exp:set output [exec gcc -g -c $srcdir/gm2/types/ run/pass/d.c -o d.o]
kuru:gm2 lambert$ grep gcc */*/*/*/*
examples/callingC/run/pass/gm2.exp:set output [exec gcc -g -c $srcdir/ gm2/examples/callingC/run/pass/c.c -o c.o]

My workaround here has been to do a 'make install' and have the newly- installed gcc in the path.

Michael