[Gm2] Some More Snow Leopard Problems

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: [Gm2] Some More Snow Leopard Problems
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:26:04 -0500

Hi Gaius,

I have some additional feedback on Snow Leopard (in addition to the patches previously submitted and the problem with the duplicate label generation in the assembly code).

For iso/run/pass/except2.mod, execution fails as follows. Unfortunately, the debugging isn't giving me line number information, even though this test is compiled with -g. There are similar failures (KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE) in except[48].mod.

----------
kuru:testsuite lambert$ ./except2.x0
keepFlying main body
tryFlying main body
fly main body
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
Abort trap
kuru:testsuite lambert$ gdb ./except2.x0
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1346) (Fri Sep 18 20:40:51 UTC 2009)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries .... done

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Volumes/Fantom_HFS+/gnu/gm2/obj/gcc/testsuite/ except2.x0
Reading symbols for shared libraries +++. done
keepFlying main body
tryFlying main body
fly main body

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
0x00013215 in fly ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x00013215 in fly ()
#1  0x000132a4 in tryFlying ()
#2  0x0001335b in keepFlying ()
#3  0x000131a8 in _M2_except2_init ()
#4  0x00001918 in init ()
#5  0x00001a29 in main ()
----------

As previously reported, compilation of iso/run/pass/long{,2,3}.mod fails with the duplicate assembler label.

----------

Execution of iso/run/pass/shift[23].mod fails in a way which doesn't appear to help debugging:

----------
kuru:testsuite lambert$ ./shift2.x0
kuru:testsuite lambert$ echo $?
1
kuru:testsuite lambert$ gdb ./shift2.x0
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1346) (Fri Sep 18 20:40:51 UTC 2009)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries .... done

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Volumes/Fantom_HFS+/gnu/gm2/obj/gcc/testsuite/ shift2.x0
Reading symbols for shared libraries +++. done

Program exited with code 01.

This one really seems strange:

/Volumes/Fantom_HFS+/gnu/gm2/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/testsuite/gm2/iso/run/pass/ testsystem.mod:111:4: error: total number of bit specified as parameters to MAKEADR exceeds address width

If I'm not mistaken, the failure is with MAKEADR(0).

I still have some more errors to report, but this should be a start.

Michael