[Gm2] Re: Report on gm2-2010-04-07 on Solaris 10/sparc

From: john o goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Re: Report on gm2-2010-04-07 on Solaris 10/sparc
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:32:04 -0400

On 09/04/10 10:53 AM, Gaius Mulley wrote (in part):
On a different issue I think a few more execution tests will pass if
you can install libpth-dev (gm2 requires these to implement
coroutines).  I'll produce an autoconf message to catch this.

I know very little about GNU portable threads.  Can you use POSIX pthreads
(part of Solaris) in their place?

gm2 only uses the context primitives of GNU Pth (no actual thread
primitives are used and thus the pthread scheduler is never invoked).
Not sure if this is possible under POSIX pthreads - but even if it
were I still think using GNU Pth is the right approach :-) given the
portability of the library

I was not making a value judgement.  I was just looking for an easy way out
but I can always put the library somewhere and then add its path to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

john