Re: [Gm2] GNU Modula-2 version 1.0

From: Fischlin Andreas
Subject: Re: [Gm2] GNU Modula-2 version 1.0
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 22:30:14 +0000

Dear Gaius,

Just returned from exhaustive climate change negotiations in Cancun, Mexico, I
wish to express my gratitude and congratulate you and all those who have
contributed to this success! A nice christmas gift. :-)

I have only one question: Given the current documentation on the web, i.e.
http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/index.html, I do not understand how the MacPorts
build should work. There is a page "GNU Modula-2 Debian binaries" and "Creating
a deb package for GNU Modula-2", but I couldn't find anything similar for OS X.
Have I overlooked this or is there really no page explaining how to build under
OS X? And how about Solaris?

I guess it wouldn't need much effort to give some hints how to accomplish
building gm2 on those platforms, regardless whether some regression tests fail
or not. To help the community of those platforms need help.

But most of all once more: Muchas gracias!

Regards,
Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
Systems Ecology - Institute of Integrative Biology
CHN E 21.1
Universitaetstrasse 16
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

address@hidden
www.sysecol.ethz.ch

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 221-4657 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!