Re: [Gm2] learning ncurses

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] learning ncurses
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:34:33 +0000

rob solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> I found the prev mistake in that a file named ncurses.def wandered
> into the same directory from which I called gm2.
>
> Now gm2 screen1.mod -o screen1
>
> gives an error in that ncurses.def cannot be found.
>
> I did
>   find / -iname 'ncurses.*' 2>/dev/null
>
> and it found ncurses.h but not ncurses.def
>
> Any help as to what to do now would be useful.
>
> Thx

Hi Rob,

the ncurses definition module is not installed with gm2 - but it is
available in the examples directory.

   gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gm2/examples/ncurses/ncurses.def

there is also a working program module which performs some basic screen
IO.  I didn't install ncurses with the gm2 install as I didn't really
want to keep tracking libncurses-dev with ncurses.def.  Not that I
imagine there would be any significant changes over time - but it was
one less dependency.  I've used this ncurses.def module with screen
output to simulate a real-time executive - four processes printing data
to four windows (using WindowDevice) - which in turn uses ncurses.

It might be worth examining the interaction between WindowDevice and
ncurses.  Both are in the gm2/examples/ncurses directory:

  http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gm2/examples/ncurses/?root=gm2