[Gm2] Re: still won't compile and link

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Re: still won't compile and link
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:11:04 +0000

rob solomon <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> the repository now contains squeeze built binaries.  Most probably you
>> need to adjust your /etc/apt/sources.list to contain:

>> #
>> #  GNU Modula-2 repo
>> #
>>
>> deb http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/debian/ squeeze main
>> deb-src http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/debian/ squeeze main
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get update
>> $ sudo apt-get install gm2
>>

> Ok thanks.  I did that and now the repository is updated.  But when I
> did apt-get install gm2, I got a message saying that I already had the
> most recent version and nothing was done.
>
> I search around and was able to locate some source files to
> ncurses.def, ColorText.def and mod, WindowDevice.def and mod but when
> I do this:

Hi,

> gm2 -g -fmake-I=. -flibs=pim-coroutine -fmakeall -lncurses -lpth testwin.mod

> I get an error, I guess from the linker, saying
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpth

ok you need to install libpth-dev,

$ sudo apt-get install libpth-dev

> I also tried
> ./Makefile.in post-install
> This also failed saying lots of commands were not found like srcdir,
> gm2dir, all, @echo, XGM2, etc

ok to build examples from a Makefile.in you need to move to the
equivalent build directory and type 'make'.  The program 'configure'
will have created a 'Makefile' from the src 'Makefile.in' and
instantiated values based on your system ($srcdir, $prefix etc).

$ cd <build-dir>/gcc/gm2/examples/ncurses
$ make post-install

where <build-dir> is the root directory of your gm2 build tree.  It
assumes you have built gm2 from source (and the 'configure' command is
done right at the beginning of the complete compiler build).